North Shore Fellowship is in the beginning stages of searching for and calling a new Senior Pastor. The PCA’s established process of calling a Senior Pastor (while it can get very complicated) breaks down into just 2 major steps:
- attending many meetings with the committee members and with others,
- discussing philosophy, parameters, desires, and rules of the search,
- reading applications, listening to sermons, meeting with candidates,
- communicating with the rest of the body,
- presenting a candidate for a vote, and
- communicating with all other candidates that were not selected.
B. Narrowing the Committee Nominations
When their full work is done, they will present a candidate of their choosing to the congregation for a vote. The congregation will have a chance to ask them questions. Then, we will vote. If the candidate is coming from another church, that church must release him. If the candidate is coming from another Presbytery (outside Chattanooga or Knoxville), the process will require a few more steps.